Name : Ar. Rita Mody Joshi
Date & Place of Birth : 30th October 1959, Jamshedpur
Status : Married, one daughter
Residential Address : H.No. 2/455 A, Chogm House, Chogm Road, Naika Waddo, Calangute, Bardez , Goa 403516.
Office Address : A-FF-1 (4th Floor), Campal Trade Centre
Opposite Vivanta By Taj ,Panaji ,Goa 403001.
Educational Qualifications :
- 2 years Pre-Science – Mt. Carmel College, Bangalore (KARNATAKA)
- 5 year degree in B.Arch – Centre for Environmental Planning & Technology (C.E.P.T), Ahmedabad (GUJARAT)
- AutoCAD – E.D.C. Centre, Panjim (GOA)
As the name suggests, the firm, Rita Mody Joshi & Associates, has Arch.Rita Mody Joshi at the helm since inception in 1992. Under her leadership, the company has grown to include, architects, interior designers, graphic design specialists, and more.
How is this company different, you ask? Rita believes in designing for people, making a personal style statement is not on her priority list, or any list for that matter. Rita further nurtures this culture within the organisation. A meticulous planner, her focus on execution is legendary. She keeps a firm grasp on the overall vision without sacrificing her grip on the minute details.
An architect passionate about design, with an inclination towards sustainability, social projects, and the environment, Rita knew where she belonged from the tenth grade on. Rita’s initiation into the profession was with a low-cost housing project for factory workers. This cemented her building philosophy. She believes in building to meet the needs of the people who will inhabit the space. Being an active social worker and a teacher at heart brings with it the ability to realise the uniqueness of people of every project.
Such a compassionate creative soul makes for a perfect design creature. And that is true of Rita. Her clients describe her as a brilliant designer who understands exactly what they want. They value her flexibility with design and sensitivity to their financials. Most clients come to her looking for an architect, and leave having found a friend.
- Trainee, ‘Kumpulan Akitek’, Malaysia
- Exec. Architect, Bakshi Housing, New Delhi, Worked on Low Cost Housing for Factory Workers- Bhiwadi
- Exec. Architect, Stein, Doshi & Bhalla, New Delhi. Worked on Habitat Centre. Lodhi Road, New Delhi
- 1987 onwards
- CEO, M/S. Rita Mody Joshi & Associates, Panaji, Goa. Design & Execution of residences, hotels, factories & apartments in & around Goa
- 1995 onwards
- ‘FRIDAY EVENTS’ Co-ordinator Awareness Programmers For Professional Architects & students, Presentations by Outstanding Personalities
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
- Executive Member (IIA Goa Chapter)
- Convenor of I.I.A National Convention held in Goa
- 1998 onwards
- Visiting Faculty in Goa College of Architecture
- Jt.Hon.Secretary (IIA Goa Chapter)
- Vice-Chairman (IIA Goa Chapter)
- Vice-Chairman (IIA Goa Chapter)
- INSTITUTE OF INDIAN INTERIOR DESIGNERS Founder Chairman of IIID Regional Centre
- Chairman / Convenor of NATCON Institute of Indian Interior Designers
- Feb 2012
- Co-Convenor / Organizer of APSDA International Asia Pacific Space Designers Association (where delegates from 16 countries attended).
- Nov 2012
- Editor-in-chief in Abraxas Lifestyle Magazine
- Founder member of B.N.I Elegance (Calangute Chapter) (B.N.I: Business Networking International )
- July 2014
- Zone Chairperson – Lions Club International
- 12th Sept 2015
- Organizing Committee Member of Environmental Film Festival at Kala Academy
- 30th Sept 2015
- Moderator Speaker at IDE at Goa Marriott
- 09th October 2015
- Special Invitee at ACETECH Bangalore
- 13th October 2015
- Jury Member – Kohler & Abraxas Designer of Tomorrow 2015
- 29th , 30th September2015 & 1st October 2015
- Panellist at 9th Edition Design Mission – South & West India at the Marriott, Goa + The Deltin Royale Topic: Journey of Real Estate Since 1930
- 09th November 2015
- Jury Member at Goa College of Architecture. Althino
- 11th Dec’ 15 – 12th Dec’ 15
- Jury Member – IIID – Anchor Awards at Taj by Vivanta.
- 29th February 2016
- Speaker / presentation given to Students of Inter National Institute of Fashion Design, Hubli at EDC Nalanda Hall,Goa
- 11th March 2016
- Panelist at SaidExpo held at Cidade de Goa, Goa (Speaker at Design Perspective…An initiative by SaidExpo.com).
- 29th November to 07th December 2016
- Convenor at the IIID Design Yatra 2016 held in Goa.
- 18th – 19 th May 2017
- Speaker at Kohler Pecha Kucha, Pune. Topic “Less is More”
Experience as an Educationist
- 1991 onwards
- Visiting Faculty, Studio Design/History of Architecture, at the Goa College of Architecture.
- Co-conducted Studio Design workshops at the Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Presented paper on ‘Elements of Design’ for CHRYSALIS, a finishing school in Goa.
- Architects (Vice Chairperson 2002-2004)
- I.I.I.D GOA Regional Centre -Indian Institute of Interior Designers (Chairperson 2003-2004, 2004-2006)
- CII-IWN Indian Women Network Chairperson,Goa (2016-17) Membership Number : WGA00145I14
G. Registered with
- Council of Architecture (Regn.no. CA/85/9135)
- Public Works Department, Panaji (Regn.no.PWD/ARCH/206/98)
- Public Works Department, Vasco (Regn.no PDA/ARCH/52/98)
- Planning & Development Authority (AR/0042/2010)
- South Goa Planning & Development Authority (SGPDA/RA/894/06-08)
- Indian Institute of Architects (IIIA 10554)
- Institute of Indian Interior Designers ((Regn. no. ALM 1455))
- Indian Green Building Council (IGBC-CS-1347)
BNI AWARDS RECEIVED
- BNI Maximum 1-2- 1s Done – June 2014 to June 2015
- BNI Goa Region Members Day 2014 – Maximum Referrals by a Member – 2 Awards
- Goa Region Awards Oct 2015 – Maximum Referrals Given – 2 Awards
- Goa Region Awards April 2016 – Maximum Referrals Given in Goa Region